a new license within your Jama 8.x instance is a different process than in previous versions. Licenses will be formatted as an .rli
file, and you'll need to run through one of these processes any time you receive a new .rli file. You will receive an .rli
file at renewal and where your type of installation is changing (for example if you move from a trial instance to a production instance or you need to switch from the standard channel to the express channel). Renewals or allocation changes
Some changes, such as renewing your license or changing the number of seats available in your license, do not require you to apply the new license directly
— these changes will be synchronized automatically via the Sync License
functionality and will be applied after restarting Jama.
To update a license after a change has been made remotely, perform the following steps.
1. Navigate to the Admin Console > Settings gear > View License
2. Select the Sync License
3. Navigate to the Admin Console Dashboard and restart Jama.
Note: Airgap customers will be able to take advantage of the license sync feature by placing the new license into the directory they installed from on the host machine and then using the Sync License
button in the admin console. Airgap customers DO NOT need to uninstall and re-install the Admin Console for simple license changes.New installations of Jama 8.x or channel change
a new license, perform the following steps:
- Receive the new .rli license file from Jama (through a request/discussion with your account manager).
- Back up your system using the process in our Help Guide under Server Administration > Admin Console Management > Backups and Snapshots.
- Uninstall the Admin Console using the process in our Help Guide under Server Administration > Installing, Upgrading and Migrating Jama > Installation of Jama > Uninstalling Jama.
- Reinstall the Admin Console using the process in our Help Guide under Server Administration > Installing, Upgrading and Migrating Jama > Installation of Jama > Installation of the Admin Console.
- During reinstall, apply the new license received in step 1.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, don't hesitate to contact Jama Support
. #Jama8 #installation